General Rehabilitation Program
At Summa Rehab Hospital, our patients set their own rehabilitation goals.
It’s our goal to help them exceed those goals.
Our advanced general rehabilitative care program puts each patient at the center of a multi-disciplinary team that is focused on the individual’s specific goals and needs. Through rehabilitation, our team members help patients get back to their best!
Summa Rehab Hospital’s inpatient general rehabilitation program includes:
- Rehabilitation services focused on improving mobility, function, strength, endurance, and flexibility.
- Care led by a board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physician (physiatrist).
- Close medical supervision, medication management, and pain management.
- The use of functional living areas to practice newly learned therapy techniques and prepare for a safe discharge.
- Social work and case management to ensure each patient has adequate resources, equipment, training, and support at home.
- Education about risk factors and lifestyle changes.
- Dietary and nutritional support, education, and counseling.
- Post-surgical care
- Debility from illness
- General weakness or deconditioning
- Loss of independence
- Pain management
- Conditions that increase fall risk
Our services are provided by a team of skilled, compassionate medical professionals. Learn more about our interdisciplinary team approach.
For more information about Summa Rehab Hospital’s general rehab program, contact us and let us know how we can help.